WE’RE VERY PROUD to bring you stage one of the Brick House’s beautiful, exciting, long-planned site revamp, thanks in large part to the generosity of Grant for the Web. We’ll be continuing to expand and refine this new look, and we hope you love it as much as we do.
The small but mighty Brick House has published mindblowing new and independent journalism, podcasts, art and essays from all over the world this year. A small selection of recent favorites:
• Preachy’s meditations on the Trinity River in north Texas
• FAQ NYC hosted an in-depth talk on the election maps of New York City and a fascinating conversation with Lucy Sante about cities that were
• In a viral post, Sludge broke new information establishing that Trump administration pick for federal judge Jennifer Rearden—who was recently re-nominated by the Biden administration—worked on Chevron’s infamous case against environmental attorney Steven Donziger
• Awry published a sobering comic about Russia’s possible invasion of Ukraine, a few weeks before the fear became reality
• The story of an Indian family’s social media rupture appeared at Popula, as well as “What Kind of Writer Accuses Libraries of Stealing?” a wrangle on the subject of digital ownership rights
• Taipei-based No Man Is an Island published scores of thoughtful and piercing reviews of films and music, as well as this extraordinary story of a rediscovered Taiwanese sculpture
To grow the Brick House into the powerful sanctuary for independent media that we are envisioning, we need your support! Please consider contributing to our cause.
To celebrate the new site launch, we have a special offer for new Brick House supporters: a MYSTERY SURPRISE. We have many different zines, posters and mugs available!! So if you would like a SURPRISE, please contribute at the $75 level before June 1, 2022, and we’ll be in touch with instructions for collecting your MYSTERY SURPRISE.
If you support our work and would like to help, please follow us on Twitter at @brickhousecoop, and sign up for our weekly newsletter here. Every retweet, read, and mention helps us. Tell your friends! Send money!! Keep coming over and hanging out! Thank you!